Measures to COVID-19
• In an effort to prevent and minimize the spread of COVID-19, we are promoting proper sanitation within the facility.
• In consideration of the health of both customers and staff, the staff will be wearing masks as a precautionary measure.
• Disinfectants are regularly used during cleaning, especially in locations frequented by large numbers of people.
• Hand sanitizer is now available throughout the hotel. We highly recommend practicing proper hand sanitization at all times.
• If you are experiencing a fever or cough, or if you are feeling unwell in any way, please speak to the staff immediately.
Concept of Mokkoan
Mokkoan means “the hermitage full of trees’ fragrance”.
We have renovated an old house where we lived for many generations. It is a nice traditional Japanese house with a beautiful garden. After succeeding this beautiful house from my parents we thought that the best way to preserve this environment is to convert the house to a petite hotel and open it to the people visiting Japan from various parts of the world. Staying with us in Mokkoan will make you feel as if you were a time traveller. Please come and enjoy your hermitage.
Mokkoan is very much aware of the protection against the earthquakes in Japan. At the time of renovation, we very strictly followed the latest regulation on the Construction Standards Act of Japan.
Read more about the hotel rules and our services
Access to Mokkoan
Mokkoan is located in Kitaku, northern part of Tokyo.
The nearest stations are Akabane (JR) and Motohasunuma (Mita Line), the distance from these stations to us is about 1 km from both stations. In order to help our guests carrying baggage, however, we will pay the taxi fare for the checking-in guests from these two stations. The taxi fare charged to the guests will be refunded at your arrival.
The location is convenient to visit many historical places in Tokyo by public transportations.
From Haneda Airport:
- Take Tokyo Mono-rail from Haneda to Hamamatsuchou. (490 yen, 19 min.)
- Change to Keihin-Tohoku Line of JR (North bound) from Hamamatsuchou to Akabane. (310 yen, 30min. Destination of the train might be Omiya or Urawa)
- Get off at Akabane station and exit from North gate and turn left to West entrance.
- Take taxi at the West entrance and ask driver to take you to Mokkoan at, 1-4-6, Nishigaoka Kitaku, Tokyo. (see the map)
It will take less than 5 minutes ride from Akabane station.
From Narita Airport:
- Take Keisei Line, Skyliner from Narita to Ueno. (2,470 yen, 36 min.)
- Get off at Nippori station, one station before Ueno.
- Change to Keihin-Tohoku Line of JR (North bound) from Nippori to Akabane. (170 yen, 15min. Destination of the train may be Omiya or Urawa)
- Get off at Akabane station and exit at North gate and turn left to West Exit.
- Take taxi in front of the West Exit and ask driver to go to Mokkoan.
1-4-6, Nishigaoka Kitaku, Tokyo. (see the map)
It will take less than 5 minutes from Akabane station.